413 W. Clinton St
Ithaca, New York 13104
Home/Cell: (607) 227-0276
eCornell – Technical Lead - Project Manager - Business Analyst – Feb 2011 – Present
- Improved platform features by prioritizing change requests and internal development efforts.
- Managed small team to develop and execute develop tech roadmap.
- Provided operational support for sales, marketing, and operations groups, including customization of CRM, marketing automation and student information systems.
- Improved system integrations, data collection, and analyses to improve system performance.
- Managed system implementations to save costs and/or improve organizational capabilities.
Sakai Foundation – Community Webmaster – May 2010 – Present
- Redesign of an old web site to improve maintainability and usability with modern tools.
Three Canoes – 2008 – Present
- Formed consulting group to deliver support services for open source software.
- Managed multiple simultaneous projects with multiple vendors.
- Successful implementations of open source systems at several colleges.
Independent Consultant – May 2008 – Present
- Delivered technical and functional training on many aspects of the Open Source Portfolio software.
- Provided portfolio design and technical services to companies and higher education institutions
- Developed and wrote technical documentation.
Syracuse University: The Living SchoolBook and School of Education - Project Manager/Instructional Technology Analyst - 2000 - May 2008
- Coordinated development/support activities to support technology integration in the class.
- Maintained and administered learning management and portfolio system.
- Coordinated development, maintenance, and support of web applications.
Turning Stone Casino Resort - MIS Technician - 1998 - 2000
- Provided end users just in time support on 24-hour help desk staff.
- Configured and maintained network equipment for gaming systems.
USS Kentucky Ballistic Missile Submarine - Nuclear Reactor Operator and Maintenance Supervisor - 1991 - 1993
- Operated and maintained the nuclear power plant on a submarine as member of commissioning crew during a 6-year enlistment in the US Navy.
- Syracuse University - Master of Science - May 2008 - Information Management
- State University of New York - College of Environmental Science and Forestry - Bachelor of Science - May 2000 - Forest Biology with a concentration in Aquatic Sciences
- United States Electronics Maintenance Supervisor School - Maintenance Supervisor - Summer 1992 - King's Bay Georgia Submarine Maintenance Facility
- United States Naval Nuclear Power School - Electronics Technician and Nuclear Reactor Operator Training - 1989 - Orlando, Florida & Saratoga Springs, NY
- CRM and Marketing Automation - Salesforce, Marketo, Pardot
- Learning & Curriculum Management: Canvas LMS, Destiny One SIS, Sakai, Open Source Portfolio
- Data analysis: Pentaho BI Suite, Birst, Excel, XML, XSD, XSL, SQL
- Project and issue management: Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project
- UX Design: Balsamiq, Omnigraffle, Visio
- Source code control: Subversion, Git
- Server Applications: MySQL and PostgreSQL database servers, Apache and Tomcat web servers
- Scripting languages: Python, Perl, php, bash
- Operating Systems: Windows, Apple OS X, Linux, Various BSD’s